We are fast approaching the end of the year. Students and faculty here at Milford Elementary School have been preparing for academic success. The State requires us to take a summative assessment called the SAGE Assessment. Please refer to the brochures posted on our website that will explain in detail the SAGE test. This assessment affects students in grades 3 through 6. This test will determine mastery of essential core curriculum concepts that students have been learning throughout this school year. There is a new school grading system called UCAS that the state has adopted which hinges much of our score rating on how well students do on these tests. We know many of our students are excelling in school and grades reflect that they are, however some of our students have a hard time showing what they know on these tests due to many variables. Fatigue, hunger, lack of motivation, attendance, and being just overwhelmed, or nervous are just a few of the challenges that students may face during this assessment time. We would like to make this testing time as positive and successful as possible. Here are some ideas to support success at school and how you can help on the home front.
Ways to help at home:
1. The SAGE will not only include math, language arts, and science, but writing as well. This writing assessment is in process now. Dates are as follows:
6th Grade: 4/1, 4/8, 4/15
5th Grade: 4/3, 4/10/4/23
4th Grade: 3/26, 3/27
3rd Grade: 4/22, 4/24
2. Please make sure your students are here at school during our testing dates. The math, language arts, and science assessments are April 28th-May 16th.
3. Students will need to have a good night’s rest before coming to school.
4. Students will need to eat a good healthy hearty breakfast before school.
5. Talk with your child/children about doing their best and why doing their best will make a difference for them and our school.
Ways we will help at school:
1. We have designed an incentive plan at school where students can earn tickets for prizes. They can earn tickets for attendance on test days and bonus points for attending all CRT days. They earn tickets for using all the time effectively during their testing sessions, showing all their work as they solve problems in math, and by their preliminary score if they reached benchmark levels. All tickets will be used in school and grade level drawings to earn various prizes. The grade level with the most ticket percentage will have a swim party at the Milford Community pool. Individual prices will consist of a variety of passes and treats. This will take place at a special awards assembly after CRT testing has been completed.
2. We will provide healthy snacks each day before testing.
3. Having classroom discussions on the importance of doing ‘your best’ and how it will make a difference for them and our school.
Click on links below for more information on the Sage Testing for Grades 3 - 6
3rd Quarter Honor Roll Recipients
4th Grade 5th Grade 6th Grade
Rhyder Ambrose Alyssa Maddison
Blake Barnes Chezney Paige
Caleb Bostic Bret Beebe Bryson Barnes
Ryker Carter Brianna Cook Preslee Barnson
Kydon Davis Mya Bonner Carson Cox
Kason Finch Ashlyn Curtis Nathan
Teresa Gaspar Caitlyn Dana Jacelin Hardy
Paige Hardy MaKaysha Eric Lepe
William Monroe Kalce Dotson Akaydeh
Spencer Slade Nicole Dotson Orlando Lopez
JaLeana Tsosie Madysen Mafulu Mafulu
Ethan Valenzuela Naveah Hardy Kyler McDermott
Alexa Walker Shayla Melody Pyne
NayVee Williams Taylor Larsen Jocelyn Robinson
Marques Williamson Jason Lin Jaycee Rose
Jase Wilson Trinity Mayer Zachary Sherwood
Weston Wiseman Jex Netto Eddie Valenzuela
Statler Wright Kyden Peters Cataloina Vidales
Brynley Wunderlich Sage Rollins Kinsey Williams
MaKenna Yardley TJ Rowe Aliza Woolsey
Semaia Sionaia Brikelle
** Not all recipients have been placed on this list due to FERPA laws. If your child's name should be on the list, please contact the office for the necessary paperwork.
The School LAND Trust Program 2012-2013 Milford EL Final Report is available by clicking here.
School Contact InformationMilford Elementary School450 South 700 WestP.O. Box 309Milford, UT 84751Phone: 435-387-2841Fax: 435-387-5050